Sunday, December 20, 2009

TIP/HINTS

1.Share how you remember transformations. Do you have any tips or hints that help you to remember?
I had to answer this blog along time of go. The reason I did not answer it, was because I forgot how to do transformations. But know I found out how to do it. My friends form the Calculus class helped me remember how to do it. They told me that if I add or subtract a number to x, my graph would shift to the right or to the left.
For example
When you graph -ln(x+3) you have to move 3 units to the left. (At the begging of the class, I believed that I had to move 3 units to right because I was add 3 to x but I was wrong.)
The reason I remember that the graph should go either left or right is because my friends told me that I have to moves OPPOSITE way when you are add or subtract sign.


2. Share how you remember or understand trigonometry. Do you have any tips or hints that help you remember/memorize all those facts?
Ok I also did not know how to do trigonometry it took me time to memorize. But my friends help me memorize it. They told me that if I want to understand trigonometry I have to memorize the unit circle because it revolves around the unit circle. I am not going to lie to you but in took me 4 long days of study to remember the unit circle.
My tips/hints to memorize this stuff is to work in study groups. Make your study groups fun and make up games use the subject you are study about.


3. What still confuses you or worries you about trigonometry?
What still worries me is finding the zeros of the graph. My domain and range a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment